The Northern Midlands is one of the largest and most diverse municipalities in Tasmania. We serve the community with honesty, integrity and pride to deliver the highest quality services to our community. For more information about our Vision, Values and Mission visit www.nmc.tas.gov.au.
About the role
This position will be responsible for ensuring that developments and land uses meet the provisions of Council’s planning scheme and comply with the strategic framework adopted by Council.
This role will be responsible for:
• assessing planning applications and making recommendations on the same,
• providing responses to planning related enquiries,
• providing excellent customer service,
• assisting with advertising of planning items, and
• preparation of briefs and reports for internal and external use.
You will be a self-motivated professional, who shows initiative, can problem solve and has good time management skills. In addition, you will also have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and a good eye for detail.
Our ideal applicant will have:
• Tertiary qualifications in statutory planning
• Solid understanding of the procedures and requirements of the planning process
• Sound working knowledge and understanding of the planning and development frameworks that apply within Tasmania
• Minimum 2 years experience in a statutory planning role
• Proven skills and experience to manage conflict and negotiate solutions and outcomes underpinned by legislative requirements
• A high level of computer skills
• a current driver’s licence
Our Culture and Benefits
We offer a positive and high-performing team to support and assist you in the role. We have a genuine commitment to ongoing learning and development, providing opportunities to diversify and grow, and we have a genuine concern for your health, safety and wellbeing. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive workplace.
Terms and conditions of employment, including salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant and in accordance with the Northern Midlands Council Enterprise Agreement. Other benefits include 13.0% superannuation, health and well-being initiatives, discounted gym and pool membership and learning and development opportunities.
For more details about the role visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/67745814 and apply directly via that website. Your application must include a current resume, and a cover letter addressing the Selection Criteria outlined in “About You” above. This should be no more than 2 pages.
All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.