Municipal Worker – Grader Operator
The Northern Midlands is one of the largest and most diverse municipalities in Tasmania. We serve the community with honesty, integrity and pride to deliver the highest quality services to our community. For more information about our Vision, Values and Mission visit www.nmc.tas.gov.au.
About the role
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Grader Operator to undertake a range of civil construction and maintenance grading activities throughout the municipality. Reporting to the Works Supervisor, this position will be responsible for delivering high quality grading of both new and existing infrastructure throughout the municipality, and providing technical advice to the team in regard to grader operations. The primary tasks will be to:
• Constructing or maintaining roads to a high standard in preparation for sealing
• Plan, prepare, and undertake Final Trim grading of new road pavements and resheets
• Maintenance grading of unsealed road surfaces, shoulders, drains, and other Coucil infrastructure
• Ensure Grader and associated equipment is maintained and operated in a safe manner on jobs
• Provide leadership, guidance and support to colleagues and subcontractors regarding the work being performed within the scope of your competency and technical experience
As part of the broader works team operations you may be required to undertake additional civil construction tasks to assist from time to time, and you may be required to undertake training to operate additional plant and machinery and assist in other areas of the civil maintenance programs.
You will be a self-motivated team player who has a good work ethic and good time management. In addition, you will have good communication skills and a commitment to ensuring the safety and welfare of those around you. To be successful in this role, you will have:
• Relevant grader operations ticket
• Current White Card
• Experience with final trim grading in a civil construction environment, without the assistance of GPS
• Expert knowledge of grading principals, including preparation and planning, and be able to provide specialist advice in this area to ensure high quality outcomes
• proven ability to interpret and follow a works plan;
• a current driver’s licence; and
• be willing to undergo a pre-employment medical (including drug and alcohol testing) to determine your physical fitness to perform the role.
Additional competencies to operate various civil construction plant and machinery will be looked upon favourably.
Our Culture and Benefits
We offer a positive and high-performing team to support and assist you in the role. We have a genuine commitment to ongoing learning and development, providing opportunities to diversify and grow, and we have a genuine concern for your health, safety and wellbeing. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive workplace.
Terms and conditions of employment, including salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant and in accordance with the Northern Midlands Council Enterprise Agreement. Other benefits include an ADO once a fortnight, 13.0% superannuation, health and well-being initiatives, discounted gym and pool membership and learning and development opportunities.
For more details about the role visit http://www.seek.com.au/job/596... and apply directly via that website. Your application should include a current resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience.