The Northern Midlands is one of the largest and most diverse municipalities in Tasmania. We serve the community with honesty, integrity and pride to deliver the highest quality services to our community. For more information about our Vision, Values and Mission visit www.nmc.tas.gov.au.
About the role
The role will see you providing high level executive support to the General Manager and the Governance Team ensuring that Council operations are in accordance with Council’s goals, objectives and strategic objectives. It is a varied role that will see the successful candidate utilising their exceptional administration and people skills to support Council functions across a broad and varied range of tasks and responsibilities.
This role will be responsible for:
• Liaising with external legal counsel and advisors to provide high level advice to the General Manager regarding contracts, disputes, and other related matters
• Providing assistance with the development and review of Council policies and by-laws for the Council
• Ensuring ongoing compliance with statutory and regulatory requirements such as Public Interest Disclosures Act, and other relevant specified legislation which will be delegated from time to time
• Managing various administrative contracts and agreements such as Council Management Committees Agreements
• Managing and negotiating council leases relating to Council property
• Managing and liaising with community volunteers and community committees as the point of contact for these groups within Council
• Managing and providing strategic advice regarding property disposals, acquisitions and purchases
• Liaising with, and providing support to, relevant community groups around compliance and administration
• Overseeing and participating in specific strategic projects within Council, including providing advice and support to other departments, assisting with writing grant applications, and preparing high level executive reports for Council
You will be a self-motivated professional, who shows initiative, can problem solve and has good time management skills. In addition, you will also have excellent communication skills (both verbal and written) and have strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
To be successful in this role, you will:
• have a good basic legal knowledge regarding contracts and the ability to understand legislation gained through experience
• have exceptional written and verbal skills
• have a focus on accuracy and attention to detail, and the ability to focus on detail under time pressures
• have excellent interpersonal skills with proven ability to build and maintain relationships
• hold a current driver’s licence.
Our Culture and Benefits
We offer a positive and high-performing team to support and assist you in the role. We have a genuine commitment to ongoing learning and development, providing opportunities to diversify and grow, and we have a genuine concern for your health, safety and wellbeing. We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive workplace.
Terms and conditions of employment, including salary will be negotiated with the successful applicant and in accordance with the Northern Midlands Council Enterprise Agreement. Other benefits include 13.0% superannuation, health and well-being initiatives, discounted gym and pool membership and learning and development opportunities.
For more details about the role visit https://www.seek.com.au/job/59... and apply directly via that website. Your application should include a current resume and a cover letter outlining your skills and experience.
All enquiries will be treated in the strictest confidence.