The planning process focuses particularly on the impact of a proposal on the site and neighbouring land, including the following types of issues:
- Does it comply with Planning Scheme requirements?
- Is it located an appropriate distance from boundaries?
- Is the scale and size appropriate for the area?
- Are there adequate vehicle-manoeuvring & parking areas?
- Does it create any access or traffic safety issues?
- Are the hours of operation appropriate for the area?
- Are there any environmental constraints?
Council planning officers are usually available between 8:45 am and 4:45 pm for assistance with:
- Enquiries regarding planning matters
- Pre-application discussions
- Lodgement of applications & fee enquiries
To contact the Planning Department:
Phone: (03) 6397 7303